Today we ventured 125kms west of Alice to an indigenous community in the town of Hermannsburg. Armed with apples, bananas and chupa chups we drove around the town and felt to stop at a small playground and wait. The town seemed desolate with the odd car zooming by. While I was sitting on he play equipment I had a picture of a lady walking towards the park pushing a stroller with a toddler. Half an hour passed and still not much sign of life, again being the Gideon I am I asked for a second confirmation - 'God if you want us to move on from this park or if this is the right place please let the first words that come out of Elouise's mouth give us direction' At this time she was across the park playing on an old steamroller with Indiana. Of course the first word that she then said to Indy was 'WAIT'
So we waited...half an hour later a lady came walking down the street pushing a toddler in a stroller. Here's my lady I thought as she walked into the park but then walked straight past me, across the road and disappeared! Another lesson in faith and patience I thought as I stubbornly waited for her to reappear determined not to be put off by the fact she walked right on by with barely a hello. Anyway 10mins later she reappears with 2 more children and another lady. We ended up sharing lollies fruit and lots of prayer as they opened their hearts to His love, presence and healing. Yay
Update on the Newling adventure to follow...stay posted


YAY! Go Elouise. Jesus loves a bossy boots.
ReplyDelete